Some days ago, while maltreating one of my EMG30 motors for structural testing (ie, forcing it to fit where it cleary wouldn't) i accidentally snapped off a wire. (imprecation)
So i removed the black plastic case and exposed what it looks to be the hall effect encoder (the round stuff in the center should be magnet).
I noticed that the wires are soldered *under* the PCB, but that would require removing it and it was heavily soldered.. So i said, whatever and soldered it on the top. Thanks to my superhuman soldering skills, i was done in no time :)
I had to cut a little of the black plastic cap to fit the wire as it was higher now, but no problem.
Then i wired it, tested and yeah, it worked! :)