It's based on "start here" design on letsmakerobots.com.
This is actually some of the simplest robots you can build: require little soldering and very little knowledge. Indeed, i had zero knowledge on electronics when i made this.Part List:
- 1x Picaxe 28x1, the "brain" of the robot
- 1x Motor driver (L293D or SN754410), which controls the two motors
- 2x GM9 gear motors
- 2x GMPW Wheels
- 1x Sharp GP2D120 sensor, it tells the distance from an object
- 1x Superbright LED (and the relative resistor)
- 1x Battery holder
- 2x Microswitch, similar to this one.
- Various nuts&bolts, burnt CD, etc
It's held together with a solid structure based on nuts and bolts (as you can see from the pictures) and CD plates. A wooden cube is the main attachment for all parts. I like this design becouse it's completely disassemblable, nothing is permanently attached. Also, it's quite strong (well, for a small robots, anyway :P)
I also added a ultraluminous led, it make a very bright light cone, give great effect when the robot turns :) The led is mounted on the head near the IR sensor, along with it's resistor. It's actually connected to G and V, since i don't have a transistor lying around, so it's always on then the robot is on.